14 July 2008

What am I doing in Hong Kong??

First and foremost I am going to be part of the Eventing - Three Day Event, the first Equestrian Event of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

I am an Sport Specific Volunteer, which means I am a volunteer for the Games but specific to the Eventing.  More specifically my role is as an Fence Judge Assistant for the Cross Country.  I commence my service period on 5 August and finish after the Eventing finishes.

I leave Australia on 1 August bound for HK via Singapore (just because it was much cheaper) and have a couple of days free to do some sights and shopping before reporting for work.

During my service period I will do training and orientation, get to watch much of the competition, help out on the official course walk for spectators as well as the main event on Cross Country day.  In all I am away for about 13 days.


No comments: